Thursday 16 December 2010

"Broadsands Beach, Paignton"















I painted this small seascape one sunny morning, back in the summer. This spot is walking distance from the house, so I carried my paints and easel down the hill, under the viaduct (built by Brunel) and onto the beach. When I arrived, about 10am, there was almost no movement in the clear, blue water. The cliffs around the Torbay area contain some beautiful colours and when they're bathed in sunlight, they take on a lovely pink colour.

1 comment:

Chris Salvary said...

Dear David
I came across your picture of Broadsands Beach during a Google search of Paignton art and I love it! Ihave just moved to the area and am about to purchase a house in Broadsands so it will be my local beach! I was just wondering whether it is possible to buy it as a print, and if so, how much would it be?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes
Chris Salvary